Thursday, June 10, 2010

My EarthBound Addiction

Hello, my name is VGMaster64, and I'm an EarthBound addict. I swear, there is something about this game that always makes me want to play it over and over again. As of now, I don't own a copy of the masterpiece. If I had a load of money to spend, this would be first dibs. I have only rom data of the game. I have the game installed on my Wii, on my GBA with Mother 1+2, Mother 3 on a DS Lite flashcart, and EarthBound on my USB drive to play on whatever computer I desire. I pretty much have EarthBound wherever I go. I'm pretty sure for some people, they might think that I'm crazy. Some people might say that it's perfectly fine. If you love a certain thing you'd be crazy to do just about anything for it. It's a fact of life.

I can't really be sure how many files or times I have played EarthBound. I've beaten the EB on my Wii and starting a 2nd file, I have1 file filled out on Mother 1+2 and I have another file to finish there, I've played through Mother 3 about twice, but I plan to play it again once I have a official cart of the game. Finally I have 3 or 4 EB files to finish on the emulator. I beat the game on my laptop and starting a new file there, I also have an EB set up at my Grandma's place, and I just started that. So you can pretty much tell that I know this game backwards and forwards, but why do I play it so much? I really have no idea really, I just seem to have really enjoyed the story, the characters, the sillyness and the whole moral that if tells in the end. EarthBound is one of those game where you just don't know why you love it so much, but you continue to play itover and over again. I bet some people at Starmen.net would understand those reasons.

A ton of my friends can't see the replay value of EarthBound. I got my girlfriend convinced to play it, but she would need some time to figure out when she can, because she and I are extremely busy with school and finals coming up next week, so not much time for play. Well, I'll just leave this post as it is so I can get back to work and you can ponder about something while I'm gone: Has there been a game/RPG in your life where you just kept playing over and over again? I'd like to hear what you have to say!

~VGMaster64

No comments:

Post a Comment