Sunday, August 8, 2010

Combo Deal! I love Goodwill!

Well, it was a Saturday afternoon and I thought it would be a good idea to go to Goodwill, because of all the electronics that people seem to have thrown away. Like the good old nerd I am, I went down there to see what they got. I was having my hopes up to find a copy of EarthBound, but instead I found something that my inner childhood would love to have. 2 Gameboys for $10! One Gameboy Pocket and one Gameboy Color! Since I'm really into handheld gaming, I couldn't just let these treasures go to waste, so made my purchase and I was out the door! I never had a Gameboy in my life until I got a Gameboy Advance for Chirstmas years ago. So I was sort of making up the childhood I never had... sort of. Here's a picture of the 2 Gameboys I got.

It was a pretty sweet find! That was until I looked in the back of the Gameboy Color...
It was a copy of Pokemon Silver! I was pretty happy since I've only played this game for a bit as a kid. Now I had my own copy to play. Without delay I got some batteries and I started playing. But there was a problem...


They save battery in the game was dead and I couldn't keep my saved data. :( I was quite upset, but after looking up info on this problem, I could just replace the save data battery. So after teaching myself how to fix this problem, I'm planning to buy a new CR2025 Lithium battery to replace the dead one inside. I have most of the tools, I just need the battery and maybe some electrical tape (clear tape works as well). I'll show some of the step by step progress tomorrow, or whenever I get the new battery, but for now I just got to play some Mother 3 for the Funfest over at Starmen.net and play Pokemon Red on my DS Flashcart. Hope to see you guys again! If I find a interesting RPG/ Gaming related thing at Goodwill again, I'll let ya know!

~VGMaster64

No comments:

Post a Comment